Kentucky Medication Aide (KMA)
This course prepares the Kentucky Medication Aide to administer specific medications in a long term care facility, as delegated and supervised by a licensed nurse.
To get a list of upcoming Kentucky Medication Aide Classes, please email Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu.
Tuition is based on the KCTCS tuition rates. This is a 5-credit hour class. As of 1/1/2019, the tuition is $885.00 plus $11.00 liability insurance. This is subject to change with any change in KCTCS tuition.
CLASS ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Everything in this section must be completed PRIOR to the first day of class (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- You must provide proof of successful completion of the State Registered nurse Aide class.
- You must be employed (currently) as a State Registered Nurse Aide a minimum of six months prior to taking KMA100 class.
- You must have a high school diploma, GED, or TABE and score at the 10th grade level in Reading and Math.
- You must be able to provide documentation that you have met the minimum testing scores in Reading and Math PRIOR to attending the first day of class.
You must be able to test at a 10th grade or higher level with TABE, KYOTE, or any other placement test accepted by KCTCS.
Have at minimum composite score of 16 or better on the ACT
If you have already taken either the COMPASS, TABE or ACT test in the past, you do not have to repeat the test if you met the minimum scores. However, we must have your test scores prior to the first day of class. If we do not have them on file, you are welcome to email (scan and email), fax or mail them to us.
Fax Number: (606) 722-0200
HOW TO REGISTER
If you are interested in taking the Kentucky Medication Aide class, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "KY Medication Aide Registration" in the subject line and include the following information:
- ACTC Student ID (Required - See below for instructions if you do not know your ID number)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Who is paying for your class? (i.e. Self-Pay, your employer, another agency)
- If your employer or another agency is paying, please provide their name.
- Do you need to schedule testing (See pre-requisites listed above)?
- Have you been an SRNA (on the Nurse Aide Registry) for at least six months?
- Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
Don't Know your ID Number?
If you do not know your KCTCS ID number or, if you have never attended Ashland Community & Technical College or any other KCTCS college (anywhere in Kentucky), you will need to request an application by emailing Robin Harris at Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu. Once you have completed the form, you may email or fax it back to Robin at (606) 722-0200.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Financial Aid: If you have questions about financial aid, please contact the financial aid office directly to see if you qualify for assistance. Their number is (855)-246-2282. However, financial aid does not generally cover this class.
Holds: If you have been a student at any of the KCTCS campuses (ACTC, Big Sandy CTC, Maysville CTC, etc.) in the past and have an outstanding balance from prior semesters there may be a financial hold on your account. If you have a hold on your account, you may be denied enrollment into this or any other class until that balance has been paid in full. If you have any questions or you are not sure and want to confirm that your account is in good standing, feel free to contact me and I will look you up in our system.
For more information, please contact: