Kentucky Nurse Aide Testing Information
Per the State of Kentucky guidelines, "An individual who is not employed as a nurse aide shall have one (1) year from the completion of a nurse aide training or fundamentals of nursing course to successfully complete the competency evaluation exam." Therefore, if your training completion date is over one (1) year, you will be required to repeat the training to become eligible to take the exam.
You MUST Pre-Register and Pre-Pay for the exam.
Registration Information - How do you Register?
To get the schedule for upcoming test dates, email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does it cost to take the KY Nurse Aide Test?
Both (Skills and Written) - $75.00
Written only - $15.00
Skills only - $60.00
2. What Types of Payment Are Accepted?
**Cash or card payments only in person on campus before exam (or morning of) date. No Checks accepted for testing fees**
3. What if my employer or another agency is paying for the exam?
If a third party is paying for your exam, you MUST SUBMIT A THIRD PARTY LETTER by email or fax to Robin Harris at:
Fax: (606) 722-0200
Important Information/Required Documentation
On test day, you MUST be able to present the following documentation to the test administrator:
- Picture ID (Driver's License or other state-issued picture ID)
- Social Security Card (Cannot be laminated). This must be your actual Social Security Card. It cannot be a letter from the Social Security Administration or any other form of identification with your social security number on it.
- Note: Picture ID and Name on the Social Security Card must match exactly.
- If you did not take the SRNA class within the KCTCS college system (one of the community colleges), you will need to bring a roster or proof that you completed the class with you for verification. If possible, please email a copy of this to Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu prior to test day.
- If you are taking the exam after completing a nursing fundamentals class, you will need to bring an official transcript showing proof of class completion. If possible, please email a copy of this to Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu prior to test day.
You must cancel in writing at least 24 hours prior to the test date. Failure to cancel could result in charges remaining on your account with Ashland Community & Technical College.
To cancel in writing: Email Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu with "Cancel my testing" in subject line