Graduation Application Deadline
Fall 2023: September 6, 2023
Spring 2023: February 1, 2023
Summer 2023: June 1, 2023
Eligibility for Graduation
To be eligible for graduation the student must:
- Complete all coursework requirements by the time of graduation
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0
- Apply for Graduation before the deadline in the semester during which they intend
- Applying after the deadline may prohibit your name from appearing in the official graduation ceremony program in May.
How to apply for graduation
- Print and fill out the Graduation Application and Graduation Verification Form
- For Associate in Arts/Science degree students: Complete the first two steps and submit the completed documents to the Welcome Center at College or Technology Drive. You can also email your application to AS_Registrar@kctcs.edu
- For Associate of Applied Science degree OR diploma OR certificate students: Schedule a program review with your advisor and/or your program coordinator. Bring the Graduation Application and Verification Form, as well as, the Exit Information Form to this meeting.
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
- Review the Financial Aid Information
Congratulations! You did it! We are extremely excited to celebrate your accomplishments! All your hard work has paid off and now it is time to celebrate YOU! Graduation is a formal recognition of your academic achievement and an opportunity for family, friends, fellow students, and college faculty/staff to celebrate your success. You have come too far not to take your final steps on the Paramount stage.
Below you will find more information about Ashland's Spring 2023 Graduation Ceremony.
Ashland's Spring 2023 Graduation Ceremony.
Graduates should be in their cap and gown, in the Paramount lobby; Check-in will be in the paramount lobby. A rehearsal will be held at 10:00 a.m., at the PARAMOUNT. Please attend the rehearsal, but if you are unable to attend, you may still participate in graduation.
*Credentials are not distributed at the graduation ceremony.
*We will post on our social media sites when they are available.
*Our graduation ceremony is only held once a year, typically in May.
*Students will be invited via mail during the month of April.
**If you graduated in Summer 2023 or Fall 2023, your printed credential is ready for pick up in the College Drive Welcome Center.
**If you marked mailed on the graduation app, we will have the credentials mailed to you at the address used on the graduation application.
**If you are a Spring or Summer 2023 graduation candidate, you will not officially graduate until final grades have been recorded.
**Credentials will be available approximately 8 weeks after the semester ends
***Make sure to contact the Records Office to update your address, as needed.***
Ceremony Information for Graduates
If you are planning to attend the ceremony, please RSVP at this link: ACTC’s Spring 2023 Graduation Ceremony RSVP
Caps and gowns must be worn to participate in graduation. Caps, gowns, invitations, and stoles may be purchased online through the bookstore.
Friday, May 5th
Rehearsal – 10 a.m.
Ceremony (Check-in) – 5:45 p.m.
Ceremony (Starts) – 6:30 p.m.\
Paramount Arts Center
1300 Winchester Ave
Ashland, KY 41104\
*** Weather permitting, graduates will line up on the sidewalk outside the Paramount; we will move inside the lobby and offices of the Paramount if it is raining. ***
Ceremony Information for Guests
Tickets are not required; therefore, graduates are not limited to a specific number of guests. However, the theater does have a safe occupancy limit, so, we ask that graduates keep their guest list minimal, in consideration of others. The ceremony will be recorded and live streamed for unlimited viewing.
We are offering the opportunity for 8 reserved seats near the stage and two reserved parking spaces near the main entrance of the Paramount Arts Center. Online silent auction will be held on the ACTC (Ashland Community and Technical College) Webpage April 25-29, 2023. Please check the main page on April 25, 2023, for details.
- For more information, contact the bookstore by phone at College Drive: 606-326-2014 or at Technology Drive: 606-326-6840.
- If students ordered these items online, they will be notified when they can pick them up.
- If students did not pre-order, an announcement will be made about availability to purchase in-store, at the CDC bookstore.
*** If graduates are members of any honor societies or other college affiliated student organizations, they will need to contact the organization advisors to purchase any cords or other regalia. ***
*** Tri-Alpha members, who have paid their membership dues, will receive their tassel at the spring induction on April 14th. ***
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Students
PTK students should contact their PTK advisor to arrange to pick up their stole and tassel; these items will be worn with the cap and gown during the graduation ceremony.
Nursing Pinning Ceremonies
Our associate degree Nursing Ceremony will be held at the Paramounts Arts Center in Ashland, Kentucky on May 5, 2023, at 3:00 p.m.
Paramounts Arts Center
1300 Winchester Ave
Ashland, KY 41101
Individual photos will be taken by the ACTC marketing team during the ceremony. These pictures will be posted on the ACTC Facebook Page by Monday following the ceremonies. ACTC will also live stream all two ceremonies on May 5th. If you do NOT want your picture posted on the ACTC Facebook page, please contact ACTC’s Marketing Director, Taylor Alexander.
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, the Registrar will review all documentation. You will be notified by mail if there are any issues with your graduation status.
- Graduation applications are finalized after grades are posted at the end of each semester.
- Some students will receive a notification that their credential(s) are ready for pick up in the College Drive Welcome Center.
- Other’s credentials will be mailed out within 10-12 weeks from the end of the semester.
Make sure your home address is up to date.
- If you must change your address, send an e-mail from your KCTCS (Kentucky Community and Technical College System) email account to AS_REGISTRAR@KCTCS.EDU indicating that you need to update your address for graduation and provide your new mailing address for graduation.
** There is a handicap accessible entrance at the rear of the Paramount for guests unable to climb stairs.
Wheelchair seating is, unfortunately, limited by the theater layout. If you, or a guest attending your graduation, will require any special arrangements such as accessible seating, a sign language interpreter, etc., please contact ACTC’s Manager of Disability Services, Heather Shelton at 606-326-2051 – firstname.lastname@example.org.**
JOB PLACEMENT INFORMATION
We wish all graduates the best of luck in the future and encourage them to visit our career center online.