Work Ready Scholarship Program
In Kentucky, employers are struggling to find enough people to fill positions in high demand, high paying fields. They need you, so we’re making it easier to get you the credential you need and a job you’ll love.
If you’re a Kentucky resident without a college degree, no matter your income, you qualify.
If you’d like to earn more money or get a better job, in as little as four months, you qualify.
Kentucky’s Work Ready Scholarship helps Kentuckians earn an industry-recognized certificate or credential by covering all tuition costs.
To qualify, you should:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a Kentucky resident.
- Have not earned a college degree.
- Not be in default on any obligation to KHEAA
Areas of study:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Business services/IT
Applying is easy
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the application at your college of choice.
- Complete the scholarship application.
Eligibility expires when the first of the following conditions is met:
- Receipt of scholarship funding for the equivalent of four academic terms;
- Receipt of the scholarship for 32 credit hours of enrollment; or
- Receipt of a first associate degree
- Recipients must earn a grade point average of 2.0 or higher each semester the scholarship is received in order to be eligible the following semester.
They Boyd County Adult Education Skills U is partnering with KHEAA and ACTC to help you earn certification in one of the high demand, high paying fields offered here.
To find our more information go to workreadykentucky.com and get ready to get to work.
Boyd County Adult Education Skills U, 1400 College Drive Room 167, Ashland Ky, 41101. Phone: (606) 326-2457