Accelerating Opportunity Kentucky
Why consider an Accelerated
- The focus is on quick, in-demand credentials that lead to employment.
- Your Adult Education classes are contextualized, meaning that they relate back to your college coursework.
- Basic skills instruction and support are immediately available in class, so you get help when you need it and when it’s relevant to your training.
- A success coach will guide you through your academic pathways and provide extra support services
- Must take the TABE exam within the past 6 months- includes reading, writing, and math.
- Must score between 6.0 and 11.9 on any ONE section of the TABE.
- May qualify for financial aid through Ability to Benefit.
- Must need to earn your GED.
Accelerating Opportunity can help you earn a certification in the following areas:
State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) + Medical Terminology
The pathway provides 6 hours of college credit.
- The State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) program provides knowledge and skills for nurse aides to assume the role and responsibility required in a long term care setting. The focus is communication, infection control, safety, resident/patient rights, and basic nursing skills.
- Medical Terminology is the study of anatomical, physiological, and pathological terminology with emphasis on word structures and definition of root words, suffixed and prefixes from Greek and Latin.
- Wages for Nursing Assistants in Huntington/ Ashland / Ironton Metro Area $8.43 - $14.23 per hour.
- Medical Receptionists prepare medical records and reports, maintain paper and electronic files, order supplies, perform accounting procedures, work with medical insurance and coding, and receive patients in a variety of health care settings.
- Wages for Medical Receptionists in Huntington/ Ashland / Ironton Metro Area $9.50 - $12.00 per hour.
Boyd County Adult Education Skills U, 1400 College Drive Room 167, Ashland KY 41101. Phone (606) 326-2457