Employ Ability / Work Ready Skills
The Workplace Education component provides services at a workplace, in collaboration with employers. Workplace education may include reading, writing, computation, critical reading, problem solving, communication, English-as-a-second language and computer literacy. In a workplace education program, an existing curriculum may be adapted to make instruction relevant to the learner's job. There is also a GED/Employer/Employee Incentive Program.
Eligible participants for taking the GED test are those individuals who:
- The applicant has a Kentucky address and is nineteen years of age.
- The applicant has a Kentucky address, is sixteen years of age and:
- Has been officially withdrawn from public or private school for 90 days as certified by the local school district ** or
- Receives a superintendent's waiver of the 90 days for a postsecondary enrollment deadline, a condition of employment, medical reason, or family circumstances
- Lack sufficient mastery of basic education skills to enable them to function effectively in society;
- Do not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, or have not achieved an equivalent level of education
- Are unable to speak, read or write the English language