Veterans Services | ACTC

COVID-19 Updates

3-25-2020 ACTC UPDATE: Spring Classes & Commencements

Please see KCTCS e-mail and Blackboard for updates from instructors.

Stay Healthy. Stay Informed. Find facts and resources about the Novel Coronavirus.

Veterans Services

Forward! March!

From signing up for classes to applying for graduation; finding a job or a scholarship; helping you with your physical, mental, or emotional wellness; or suggesting ways to get involved on campus - we can help.  

We know that the college experience does not end when a student steps off of campus. Military students face unique challenges on a variety of fronts - at school, at home and at work. 

We try to give our students the best possible tools and resources to move forward in completion of their life's objectives.

Some Info You May Need:


  • First time enlistment of armed forces/ active duty on or after July 1, 1985*
  • High school graduate or completed GED


  • Complete and submit VA Form 22-1990

    * Consult VA for other eligibility


  • Participated in voluntary, contributory matching program set up for those entering armed forces between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985
  • Active duty service of at least 24 months


  • Complete and submit VA Form 22-1990


  • Service members who served at least 90 aggregate days of active duty after September 10, 2001

  • Children of a member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001 may be eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits under the Marine Gunnery John David Fry Scholarship Program

  • Members of the uniformed services may be eligible to transfer their unused benefits to their spouse or dependent(s). Generally, they must agree to serve four more years when transferring benefits.


  • Child or spouse of a veteran who has a 100 percent, service-related disability

  • Child or widow whose parents/ spouses death was service-related

  • Complete and submit VA Form 22-5490


  • Reservist enlisted/re-enlisted for six years after October 1, 1990
    High school graduate or completed GED

  • Completed initial active duty for training


  • Contact reserve unit to verify eligibility

  • Complete and submit VA Form 22-1990

  • Submit DD-2384 (Notice of Basic Eligibility)

*GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)*