The Assessment Center
The Assessment Center at Ashland Community and Technical College conducts job profiles, job analyses, employment testing and assessment services. Test and assessment results are used as components in determining employment, job promotion, training needs and apprenticeship programs. Our goal is to assist industries in selecting, developing, and administering appropriate test instruments to evaluate skill levels of applicants or current employees. We will customize our services to meet the specific needs of the community, individual, business or organization.
Click on the links below to find out more about the assessments available:
For more information, contact:
Manager of Assessment/Testing &
Coordinator of Short Term Health Programs
Phone: (606) 326-2252
Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test - BMCT
Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test (BMCT)
The Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test (BMCT) measures a complex set of abilities composed of three primary constructs:(a) mechanical information, (b) spatial visualization and (c) mechanical reasoning or understanding.
To schedule an assessment or for more information, contact:
Phone: (606) 326-2252
CASTLE Worldwide, Inc. is one of the nation's leading certification and licensure testing companies. The company builds long-term relationships with government agencies, corporations, educational institutions, and trade and professional associations. This testing firm offers examination design, development, and administrative services.
Listed below are some of the exams available through CASTLE Worldwide. For a complete list, visit www.castleworldwide.com. To register, contact CASTLE Worldwide at 919-572-6880. The site ID for our assessment center is 287083.
- American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (AABIP) Certification Exam
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) Dentist Exam and Lab Technician Exam
- American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers (AAHID) Certification Exam
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Board Certified Advance Diabetes Management (BC-ADM)
- American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) exam
- American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Professional Certification (MSUS)
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) General Pathology exam
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Personal Trainer (PT)
- Group Fitness Instructor
- Health Coach
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES)
- Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant (LWMC)
- Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist (AHFS)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) Global CPLP Knowledge Examination
- BOC Athletic Trainer Certification Exam for the Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer (BOC)
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP) Exam Board of Laser Safety (BLS) CLSO Exam, MLSO exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Critical Care Pharmacist (BCNP) Exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist (BCCCP) Exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Nutrition Support (BCNSP) Exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) Exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacist (BCPPS) Exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) Exam
- Board of Pharmacy Specialists (BPS) Board Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist (BCPP) Exam
- Breining Institute Privatepractitioner/Clinical Supervisor (PCS) Examination
- Breining Institute Addiction Counselor Examination (ACE)
- California Council for Interior Design Certification (CCIDC) IDEX California
- Center for Health Design (CHD) Evidence Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC)
- Certification Commission of the National Association of Medical Staff Services (CCN-NAMMS)
- CPMSM Exam
- CPCS Exam
- Certified Radiology Administrator (CRA) Exam for the American Healthcare Radiology Administrators (AHRA)
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) exam for the Rehabilitation Nursing Certification Board (RNCB)
- Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) Certified Payments Professional (CPP) Exam
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)
- International Association for the Advancement of Cytometry Certification Examination (ICCE)
- International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner exam (SANE-A, SANE-P)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES) Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) exam
- Logical Operations: Modern Classroom Certified Trainer Examination; CyberSecurity First Responder (CFR) Examination; Master Mobile Application Developer Examination
- LonMark International Certified Professional Exam
- National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) and Apartment Community Analysis (ACA) Exam
- National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NCBRNA) Nonsurgical Pain Management (NSPM) exam
- National Retail Federation Foundation (NRFF)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Exam
- Advanced Customer Service and Sales Certification Exam
- Professional Retail Business Credential
- Retail Management
- New York State Education Department (NYSED) Psychoanalyst Exam
- New York State Education Department (NYSED) Creative Arts Therapist Exam
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Entry Level Exam
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) SH Entry Level Exam
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) SW Entry Level Exam
- North Carolina Board of Funeral Service (NCBFS) Examination
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) Exam Certified Pilates Method Instructor Examination
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) National Interpreter Certification (NIC) Exam
- Regulatory Affairs Professional Society (RAPS) Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) US, EU, CA, and GS exams
- RCI, Inc Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Roof Observer (RRO), and General Consultant Knowledge exams
- Tribal Child Welfare Worker Certification Exam for the National Indian Child Welfare Association (NICWA)
- Transportation Professional Certification Board (TPCB)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certification Examination
- Professional Traffic Planner (PTP) Certification Examination
- Traffic Operations Practitioner Specialist (TOPS) Certification Examination
- Traffic Signal Operations Specialist (TSOS) Certification Examination
- University of Wisconsin Placement Tests
- Work Readiness Credential (WRC) Exam for the National Work Readiness Council (NWRC)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) and Certified Wound Care NurseAdvanced Practice (CWCN--AP)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Certified Ostomy Care Nurse (COCN) and Certified Ostomy Care Nurse-Advanced Practice (COCN--AP)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Certified Continence Care Nurse (CCCN) and Certified Continence Care Nurse-Advanced Practice (CCCN--AP
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Foot Care Nurse (CFCN)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Wound Treatment Associate (WTA)
For more information, please contact:
Microsoft Office Specialist
Microsoft Office Specialist exams are available to anyone who wants to demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office programs.
Voucher fee: You will need to visit the Certiport website for specific cost. Please note that Microsoft vouchers have an expiration date. Be sure to complete your exam within the allotted time.
Exam Administration Fee: $20 -The exam administration fee must be paid to ACTC when you arrive for the exam.
Visit the Certiport website for exam information, to purchase voucher(s), and to create your personal account. Your Certiport username and password is necessary to complete the exam. You must have an email address to purchase the vouchers (voucher numbers are transmitted electronically to your email account).
Exams are given by appointment only.
To schedule your appointment, please contact Robin Harris at (606) 326-2252 or Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu
ICC Contractor-Trade Exams through Pearson Vue
Through Pearson Vue, the following are some of the more common Kentucky Contractor/Trade Exams available. There are many other exam available through Pearson Vue. To find a complete list of ICC Contractor/Trade exams, please visit www.pearsonvue.com/icc.
|Kentucky Low Voltage Electrician- 218|
|Kentucky Standard Master Electrician- 701|
|Kentucky Standard Journeyman Electrician- 703|
|Kentucky Fire Sprinkler Inspector- 209|
|Kentucky Fire Alarm Inspector- 700|
|Kentucky Business and Law- 231|
|Kentucky Master HVAC- 595|
|Kentucky Limited Journeyman Duct Mechanic- 596|
|Kentucky Limited Journeyman Installer Mechanic- 597|
|Kentucky Journeyman HVAC Mechanic- 598|
To register and schedule for one of these contractor/trade certification exams, you may call PearsonVUE at 1-877-234-6082 or visit www.pearsonvue.com/icc
You can access a copy of the Kentucky Contractor/Trades Examination Information Bulletin by visiting https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/CO_KY.pdf This bulletin will answer almost any of the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the ICC testing for Kentucky. It will also give you the most updated list of references allowed in the testing room for each Kentucky ICC exam given.
For More information, please contact:
Kentucky Department of Insurance Exams
Ashland Community & Technical College is now a testing site for the Kentucky Department of Insurance Exams.
All applicants must have a scheduled appointment to sit for the examination(s); walk-ins are not accepted.
TO SCHEDULE AN EXAM:
- Applicant must obtain and eServices account. To create a secure, password-protected eServices account, click on eServices in the upper right-hand corner of the Department of Insurance (DOI) home page (http://insurance.ky.gov) and then click on First time here to set up the account.
- Once your online record reflects "pending examination" you are eligible to schedule your examination online.
- Any examination retake and rescheduling may be done through this account as well.
- Any Special Accommodations must be approved in Agent Licensing PRIOR to examination scheduling.
FEES AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- There is an examination fee of $50 for each scheduled retake of an examination.
- Any changes to exam appointments should be made24 hours prior to the scheduled time. Failure to give 24-hour notice of cancellation may result in the forfeiture of the $50 examination fee.
ON EXAM DAY:
- Any applicant who fails to report for a scheduled appointment may forfeit the $50 fee for examination.
- Arrive 10 minutesbefore your scheduled time. If you fail to arrive by your scheduled test time, you may forfeit your placement at the testing site due to availability.
- Government-issued photo ID must be provided in order to take any exam.
From U.S. 52: Cross the bridge to Ashland, follow 13th Street West approximately 1 mile. Turn left onto Ramey Street, and left again onto College Drive.
From I-64: From Exit 185, turn North (towards Ashland) onto KY 180. Go straight approximately 9 miles. Turn right onto Ramey Street, then left onto College Drive. (KY 180 becomes US 60, then 13th Street).
The Testing center is located in the Goodpaster Building (in the back of the campus) on the first floor in room 101.
ABOUT EXAM RESULTS:
All examinations are computerized and graded upon completion. Exam results are provided at the testing site, and may be printed from eServices. Upon successful completion of examination, new licensees may print a license certificate and pocket ID card from their eServices account. Applicants who do not pass the examination may pay the $50 retake fee and reschedule another examination through eServices. Examinations cannot be rescheduled for the same day.
For all inquiries regarding the Kentucky Department of Insurance exams, please log into your eServices account or contact them by phone at:
Main : 502-564-3630
Toll Free (Kentucky only) : 800-595-6053
TTY : 800-648-6056
For information regarding the test center location or hours, please contact Robin Harris at Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu or (606) 326-2252.
ACTC is a Kryterion Global Testing Solutions Testing Center. If you need to take an exam through the Kryterion Testing Network (KTN), we will be happy to assist you. To get a complete let of Kryterion Exam sponsors, feel free to download the most updated list here.
Test Taker Instructions for Onsite Exams
Test Taker Questions
Pearson Vue Test Center
Ashland Community & Technical College is now a Pearson Vue Authorized Test Center.
Pearson VUE delivers over 4 million high-stakes exams a year for clients in the licensure, certification, academic admissions, regulatory and government testing service markets. It boasts the world's leading test center network, with over 5,000 testing centers, 230 of which are fully owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers. These centers utilize a patent-winning design, which was created specifically for high-stakes testing and offers a carefully controlled, consistent testing environment.
We offer a wide variety of licensure/certification exams through Pearson Vue. Download our complete list of exams for more information.
To schedule a test appointment through Pearson VUE, select your testing program from the test taker services portion of the website. Once you have chosen your testing program you will be presented with a variety of ways to schedule your exam that are applicable to that testing program.
You may also contact:
1400 College Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
Pre-Employment Testing Services
This software includes more than 800 skills tests and behavioral assessments to help the employer effectively measure job knowledge, skills and abilities in Microsoft Office, clerical, computer literacy, IT, call center, food services, retail sales, light industrial, accounting, behavioral, medical and legal areas. Download a Printable List of all SkillCheck Tests. In addition to the exams on this list, there are many new and updated exams available.
Proctoring Services - Pre-Employment Testing:
The Assessment Center offer proctoring services to local business and industry. If you have an exam you need proctored by a third party, feel free to contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.
Customized Pre-Employment Testing:
Do you need pre-employment testing but have no idea where to find it or what skills can be tested? Contact us and we can work with you to develop a customized package of pre-employment testing to fit your needs.
To find out more about our Pre-Employment Testing, please contact:
Workforce Assessment Coordinator
Phone: (606) 326-2252