Kenton County Detention Center
Deputies performs work of moderate difficulty and responsibility involving the supervision of Kenton County Detention Center inmates thus being responsible for the security and control of adult offenders. Assignments could be in the area of custody, processing and control or other specialize program or unit.
- Be alert, have good powers of observation and act quickly and calmly in emergency or dangerous situations.
- Maintain control and order in the facility and while escorting inmates.
- Prepares reports and maintain complete and accurate records.
- Effectively deal with inmates, visitors, and others in often irate and stressful situations.
- Learn the operation of various types of equipment and procedures associated with the position.
- Learn and apply standard policies and procedures of the Kenton County Detention Center.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the general public, courts, attorneys, and other related officials.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Effectively perform duties relative to area of assignment.