Elevated Temperature Processing Chemical Operators are cross-trained to become versatile so they can fulfill multiple operational roles within their shift. The selected candidates will have a strong work ethic, be safety conscious, display strong attention to detail, be adaptable, have good communication skills and be able to work in a team based environment.
The successful candidate will safely and efficiently operate all equipment necessary to manufacture atmospheric emulsions, reactor batches, solvent-based formulations, pilot batches, and cold-blend products. This position is also responsible for performing quality control testing, product packaging and loading/unloading finished good or raw material bulk tankers when necessary. Through training, they will be able to react properly to process upsets by properly troubleshooting and remedying unplanned events.
Additionally, ETP Chemical Operators are entrusted to make formula adjustments when necessary based on their testing to provide quality finished goods.
The Responsibilities for This Position Will Include
- Communicate with shift Team Leaders and Production Manager regarding safety, production, quality, or any other operational issues
- Manufacture batches in accordance with all safety, quality, and efficiency standards by following work orders and verbal directions
- Follow procedures to safely and efficiently operate reactors, emulsion kettles, Cowles mixers, homogenizers, heat exchangers, pumps, filtration devices, automated packing stations, forklifts and other equipment related to the manufacturing of chemicals
- Use equipment and instrumentation to monitor pressure, temperature, and other hazardous conditions
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as mandated in procedures and SDS’s
- Perform quality control testing as prescribed in the work orders
- Load and unload bulk tankers and drum trucks while properly completing related paperwork
- Perform required calibrations on equipment in accordance to ISO procedures
- Maintain accurate documentation and inventory accuracy in accordance to established doctrine
- Maintain clean work areas in accordance with plant housekeeping requirements
- Assist in the manufacture of new products and establishing procedures
- Assist in the prevention of quality problems and the establishment of solutions for existing issues
- Complete required preventive maintenance per PM system requirements
- Correct packaging of finished goods into pails, drums, totes, or bulk tankers as directed by instructions found on work orders
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
The Preferred Candidate Will Have
- Ability to work in a safe and controlled environment
- Willingness to work in a team based environment
- Ability to think independently and handle tasks from initiation to completion
- Proven ability to follow procedures and handle multiple tasks, effecting a positive outcome
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and to react positively to verbal instructions given
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when required
- Desire to work hard and be dependable
- Basic understanding of computers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of controls equipment including flow meters, level sensors and pressure sensors
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to pass pulmonary function test
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and to react positively to verbal instructions given by any member of the Production Department
Education and Experience
- Two years of experience in a chemical batch manufacturing environment
- Forklift operation experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 55 lbs
- Able to physical maneuver drums up to 600lbs on to and off a pallet
- Drag and stow hoses that can weigh up to 35 lbs
- Frequent bending, lifting and ascending/descending stairs and step ladders
- Constant standing during the shift
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
- Able to operate forklift safely
- Pass agility, drug and pulmonary function tests and physical exam
- Show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Michelman is proud of the values-focused work environment that we have crafted. We pride ourselves in our focus on our values of integrity, respect, and success. With our dedication to your technical and professional growth in addition to our rigorous onboarding experience, we guarantee that you will find yourself challenged in new ways. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
No phone calls please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
For more information about Michelman, please visit https://www.michelman.com/.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
$17-$22 an hour
2nd & 3rd Shift