Tobacco Treatment Resources
The following is a list of resources available to ACTC employees and students to help stop using tobacco or manage cravings if you choose to do so:
On Campus Resource
- Barnes and Noble Bookstore - For employees and students who do not want to quit but need help to feel more comfortable at work or during class, nicotine replacement gum may be purchased at the bookstore on both campuses. Other options may be available to you under your health benefits program.
Off Campus Resources
- Smart Phone Apps to help you quit- A list of apps for the iPhone and Android phones.
- Tobacco Free U - Offers college students free on-line information, guides, and resources related to tobacco and quitting tobacco use (http://www.tobaccofreeu.org/).
- My Last Dip - My Last Dip is a free Web-based intervention that is designed to help young smokeless tobacco users quit (http://mylastdip.com/).
- Kill the Can - This website offers free resources and tools to help dip, snuff, and chewing tobacco users quit. Along with useful information, it offers a support forum and a live quit chat room (http://www.killthecan.org/).
- Become an Ex - The EX plan teaches you how to re-learn life without cigarettes in 3 steps - all geared to help make the seemingly impossible possible (http://www.becomeanex.org/).
- Freedom from Smoking Online Program - On-line program from the American Lung Association consisting of seven modules, each containing four lessons, to assist you in quitting tobacco. Participants are also encouraged to participate in message boards to give and receive support as they go through the quit process (http://www.lungusa.org).
- Smokefree.gov - Provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking (http://www.smokefree.gov/).
- KYs Toll-Free Tobacco Quitline - Kentucky's Tobacco Quitline, 1-800-QUIT NOW, offers one-on-one proactive counseling for tobacco userswho are ready to quit using tobacco products.
- National Cancer Institutes Quitline - Smoking cessation counselors are available to answer smoking-related questions in English or Spanish, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Call toll free in the United States, 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848).