Fall Career Fair serves 144 ACTC students, alumni
November 1, 2022
ASHLAND, Ky. – Ashland Community and Technical College hosted its fall Career Fair in partnership with Ashland Alliance last Thursday.
In attendance were 67 representatives from 31 different employers, giving the nearly 150 students and alumni in attendance a wide variety of business and industry partners to meet with to discuss employment opportunities.
“We were humbled by the phenomenal turnout at the fall 2022 career fair,” said Ashley Vanderpool, Director of Career Services. “We reached more students this semester than ever before and I believe our partnership with Handshake, ACTC’s new career development platform, played a role in our success. The Handshake app, which is available to all ACTC students and alumni, makes sharing and registering for networking events on campus quick and convenient.”
She added, “Our overall goal of every recruiting event is to connect our students with employers, and we would like to thank the participating employers, students, faculty, and staff for all their support this semester.”
The following employers attended the event:
- Huntington Electrical JATC and IBEW Local Union #317
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 577 JATC
- Chemical and Industrial Engineering
- Local #80 Heat and Frost Insulators
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Turn-Key Tunneling, Inc.
- Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights,
- IBEW Local Union #575
- King’s Daughters Medical Center
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia
- Republic Services
- Kentucky Career Center - Ashland
- ACP Technologies
- Kingsbrook Lifecare Center
- J.H. Fletcher and Co.
- Ramey Estep Homes/Re-group
- Goodwill Industries
- Kentucky State Police Recruitment Branch
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Pathways, Inc.
- Smithfield Packaged Meats
- Glockner Chevrolet Co.
- Portable Solutions Group, Inc.
- LSCC - Kentucky Department of Corrections
- Army National Guard
- Middough Inc.
Handshake is an online recruiting platform that ACTC has partnered with to simplify the recruiting process for our students and alumni, making it easier for them to connect with employers.