ACTC hosts successful Spring career fair
April 5, 2022
ASHLAND, Ky. – Ashland Community and Technical College (ACTC), in partnership with the Ashland Alliance, held a career fair for current ACTC students and alumni last week.
Attending the April 1 career fair were 31 employers with a total of 64 company representatives. There were 110 students, representing many different programs, who participated. This number included alumni and graduating students seeking employment and current students seeking employment or internship opportunities.
“The semi-annual Ashland Community and Technical College/Ashland Alliance Career Fair continues to provide networking opportunities for our students, alumni, and faculty. By bringing employers to our campus, we allow our students to explore multiple career options and inquire about employment and internship opportunities. In addition, our faculty is able to interact with employers and expand their knowledge of the changes taking place in their respective fields,” said Ashley Vanderpool, Director of Career Services.
Employers who attended included:
- Kentucky Career Center (Ashland, KY)
- Genesis HealthCare (Heritage Center WV)
- Kelly Services/Toyota
- Smithfield Foods
- Tech Medical
- Kingsbrook Lifecare Center
- Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
- Bimbo Bakeries
- C&I Engineering
- Vertiv Corporation
- D&S Community Services
- Valero Renewables
- Nesco Resource
- Little Sandy Correctional Complex
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc.
- Portable Solutions Group
- King's Daughters Health System
- Local #80 Heat & Frost Insulators
- Service Pump & Supply
- WV Department of Transportation/Division of Highways
- G&J Pepsi Cola Bottlers
- RE/MAX Realty Connection
- SERVPRO of Boyd, Carter, Greenup, and Lewis Counties
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Intermountain Electronics Inc.
- Kentucky National Guard
- Marshall Health.
Career Services is open Monday through Friday from 9 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. at the ACTC Technology Drive Campus at EastPark. Career Services office on the College Drive Campus is also open each Wednesday from 9 A.M.-4:00PMpm. No appointment is necessary.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 326-2231.