KCTCS offering short-term, non-credit classes to help Kentuckians improve employability
Jan. 26, 2021
Versailles, Ky. - The 16 colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) are offering low cost, non-credit training. These short-term courses, offered through the Workforce Solutions program, help those already in the workforce who want to move up or people who need training to get started in a new career.
Programs are offered in two online formats – self-paced or live classes. Self-paced classes include:
· Healthy at Work – The latest information on COVID-19 risk factors and safety measures in the workplace.
· Professionalism and Essential Skills
· Communication and Diversity
· Transition to Management
Live virtual classes offered are:
· NEC Electric Code Update
· Professional in Human Resources Certification Exam Prep
· SHRM SCP/CP Certification Exam Prep
· Electrical Licensing Preparation
· AutoCAD Basics
· Enhanced Operator I: Workplace Principles
· Safety and Universal Precautions
· Microsoft Excel Level 1
· Sterile Processing National Review Certification Prep
· Pharmacy Tech National Review Certification Prep
· Adapting Your Leadership Style
· Cultural Competence
These skills and certifications are in-demand. Students will learn from industry experts and quickly gain the expertise needed for career advancement and employability. Cost for courses begins at $49 with several under $100. Exam prep courses are higher. For more information on cost and start dates for each course, visit the Workforce Solutions web page.