Whether you will be a first-time student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name of the high school you attended.
- Name any colleges you attended.
Start Your Application
High School/GED Transcripts
- If you attended a Kentucky high school, you can request your high school transcript
- If you attended a non-Kentucky high school, please contact the high school you graduated
from to obtain your transcripts. Transcripts must be delivered to ACTC directly from
your high school. Transcripts can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to ACTC Welcome Center, 1400 College Drive, Ashland KY 41101.
- If you obtained your GED, you can request your test scores at ged.com/life_after_ged.
Request all transcripts from previously attended non-KCTCS colleges. Check on the former college website for information on how to send your transcript to ACTC. This includes classes that were taken as dual-credit in high school.
ACTC can use an unweighted cumulative high school GPA for placement.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online.
- You can request SAT scores online.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores. You can request your AP scores online.
You may also take the KYOTE or TABE test locally at ACTC. To schedule an exam, please contact AS_Welcome@KCTCS.edu.
Payment means you have completed one of the following:
- Worked with the Financial Aid Office to finalize financial aid awards
- Established payment arrangements with the Veterans office, Third-party offices, etc.
- Paid your bill in full
- Set up a payment plan
The payment plan, which will divide the total cost of your tuition and fees into payments. You can find additional information regarding the payment plan here.
Chat With Us
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to chat with us!