Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner
Prior to Admission: BIO 137 and MAT 150 or MAT 110. All RCP courses in this plan are offered on Mon/Wed//Fri. General Education courses should be taken on Tues/Thurs schedule, or during the summer sessions.
***NOTE*** Each option will take the same courses unless an additional course specific to the selected is noted.
General Education & Support Classes
|*BIO 137 Human Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIO 139 Human Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|*MAT 150 College Algebra or
*MAT 110 Applied Mathematics or
*MAT 146 Contemporary College Math
|Writing I/Accessing Information**||3|
|General Education Total||23|
Recommended Additional Courses
|BIO 226 Principles of Microbiology or
BIO 225 Medical Microbiology
|ENG 102 Writing II||3|
* Pre-Requisite Courses
**General Education Courses
NOTE: Computer Literacy must be documented by competency exam
or by completion of computer literacy course
Acceptance into the Respiratory Care Program
- Application for admission to college
- Respiratory Care application
- Required minimum ACT or COMPASS scores
Test Scores Test Math Reading Writing ACT 19 20 18 COMPASS 25 (Alg.) 85 74
*See COMPASS Placement Scores in Master Advising Quick Guide for placement into developmental courses.
- Documentation of observation hours.
- Official transcript of all post-secondary coursework.
- Documentation of attendance at a Respiratory Care preadmission conference.
- All developmental courses must be taken prior to prerequisite courses.
- All pre-requisite courses must be taken prior to program admission.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) courses must be completed prior to admission.
Taken upon program admission
|RCP 110 Cardiopulmonary Anat & Phys||3|
|RCP 120 Theory & Principles of Resp Care||4|
|RCP 130 Pharmacology||3|
|RCP 150 Clinical Practice I||2|
|RCP 125 Cardiopulmonary Evaluation||4|
|RCP 175 Clinical Practice II||3|
|RCP 180 Ventilatory Support||3|
|RCP 210 Cardiopulmonary Pathophysiology||3|
|RCP 190 Advanced Ventilatory Support||2|
|RCP 200 Clinical Practice III||3|
|RCP 204 Emergency & Spec Proc I||3|
|RCP 212 Neonatal/Pediatric Resp Care||3|
|RCP 228 Preventive and Long-Term Respiratory Care||2|
|RCP 214 Advanced Diagnostic Proc||3|
|RCP 225 Clinical Practice IV||3|
|RCP 250 Clinical Practice V||3|
Revised August 27, 2020