Surgical Technology - Application and Admissions
Please note: Students applying for this program should not have an aversion to the sight of blood. Considerable physical stamina is also a requirement due to the necessity of lifting, walking, and standing for long period of time. Program application does not guarantee admission to the program. The Surgical Technology application is based on a selective admission process.
When applying for the Surgical Technology program, you must review the Surgical Technology Information presentation and sign the Viewing Verification form. Please submit the form with your application.
To be considered for selection of admission into the Surgical Technology program at Ashland Community and Technical College, each applicant must submit the following credentials by October 1 for admission to the spring semester. (These dates may be extended by the college due to unusual circumstances.)
- Application for Admissions to the college.
- Application to the Surgical Technology Program
- Official high school transcripts that the applicant has completed an approved 4-year high school curriculum or the GED Certificate.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education or training.
- ACT composite course. Compass scores are no longer accepted for the Surgical Technology program.
- A pre-admission conference is required prior to admission to the surgical technology program.
- Documentation of the completion of Surgical Technology program prerequisites with a grade of "C" or greater by the start of the program.
- After the applications are complete, students for the program are selected by the Surgical Technology Selective Admission Points system.
Preference may be given to:
- Applicants with an ACT 20 or above may receive selective admission points.
- Applicants who have a “C” grade or above in Anatomy & Physiology I with lab, Medical Microbiology, Medical Terminology, Writing I, and Digital Literacy courses may receive selective admission points.