Please note: Students applying for this program should not have an aversion to the sight of blood.
Considerable physical stamina is also a requirement due to the necessity of lifting,
walking, and standing for long period of time. Program application does not guarantee
admission to the program. The Surgical Technology application is based on a selective
When applying for the Surgical Technology program, you must review the Surgical Technology
Information presentation and sign the Viewing Verification form. Please submit the
form with your application.
To be considered for selection of admission into the Surgical Technology program at
Ashland Community and Technical College, each applicant must submit the following
credentials by October 1 for admission to the spring semester. (These dates may be
extended by the college due to unusual circumstances.)
- Application for Admissions to the college.
- Application to the Surgical Technology Program
- Official high school transcripts that the applicant has completed an approved 4-year
high school curriculum or the GED Certificate.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education or training.
- ACT composite course. Compass scores are no longer accepted for the Surgical Technology
- A pre-admission conference is required prior to admission to the surgical technology
- Documentation of the completion of Surgical Technology program prerequisites with
a grade of "C" or greater by the start of the program.
- After the applications are complete, students for the program are selected by the
Surgical Technology Selective Admission Points system.
Preference may be given to:
- Applicants with an ACT 20 or above may receive selective admission points.
- Applicants who have a “C” grade or above in Anatomy & Physiology I with lab, Medical
Microbiology, Medical Terminology, Writing I, and Digital Literacy courses may receive
selective admission points.