Weather and Emergency Closings
Ashland Community and Technical College seldom closes; however, the college does occasionally have an emergency closing. When the college closes, it may be done as the entire college, or it may be done by campus location only.
The college makes closing decisions based on campus conditions. It is not based on the decisions of other colleges or local school systems. Decisions to close are made as early in the morning as possible, based on current conditions.
Please use your own judgment as to whether you should travel during inclement weather.
The most accurate closing and delay information is available from the following sources:
- ACTC Website: https://ashland.kctcs.edu
- Your KCTCS e-mail account
- The colleges main phone line: 606.326.2000
- Your cell phone (text message). Go to https://KCTCS.edu/snap to sign up!
- Sign up for SNAP alerts (weather and emergency information).
- ACTC's Facebook and Twitter pages (facebook.com/AshlandCTC and ACTC on twitter)
News media are given the information and you may see closing information in the local media. If you are unsure of the status, is best to double-check one of the college's official sources, as listed above.