Registration will be held online from 01/07/19 – 01/18/19 at https://ashland.kctcs.edu/community/sciencefair/registration/dates.aspx
PROJECT ENTRY DEADLINE: JANUARY 18, 2019 (strictly enforced)
- The fair is open to students in grades 4-12 in public, parochial or home-based schools in Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Greenup, and Lawrence Counties, KY as well as counties outside of the FIVCO region that do not have a district fair available to attend.
- Students may participate by entering a school fair and progressing to the ACTC/FIVCO
Fair if selected as a representative of the school. Each school may submit the following
number of projects based on grade category:
- Grade category 4-5; top TWO projects per school (within any category).
- Grade category 6-8; top SIX projects per school (within any category).
- Grade category 9-12; up to TWELVE projects per school (within any category).
- Each home school may enter one project as an individual or team per grade category.
- Determination of submitted projects will be made by those schools and not by the ACTC/FIVCO Planning Board. However, this planning board reserves the right to make adjustments as necessary.
- All student participants, Adult Sponsors of student projects, and/or teachers attending the fair MUST register. If you are an Adult Sponsor of multiple projects, you only need to register once. Please do not register anyone that is not an Adult Sponsor and/or teacher accompanying student participants to the fair.
- All projects must meet ISEF and safety guidelines which are available at: https://ashland.kctcs.edu/community/sciencefair . Projects may be individual or team, with up to TWO students in a team within the same grade category, no exceptions.
- Projects will be judged according to ISEF standards.
- For judging purposes, students will be grouped into these categories: grades 4 & 5, grades 6-8, grades 9-12.
- Awards will be presented in each grade category.
- Only the 2 Best Overall projects for grade category 4 & 5 will be automatically registered for the Regional SEF of Northern Kentucky held at Northern Kentucky University on Saturday, February 23, 2018. For grade category 6-8, the 1st and 2nd place award winning project from each category will advance to the Regional SEF. 1st-3rd Place award winning projects in grade category 9-12 will advance.