Carols for a Cause
A children's musical talent show to benifit area youth
Hosted and sponsored by ACTC Chi Alpha Epsilon /(XAE) Honor Society
Hopes and Dreams will receive a portion of the event's proceeds
- WHEN: Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WHERE: ACTC College Drive Campus - J.B. Sowards Theatre - 1400 College Drive Ashland, KY
- COST: $2 per person. Ticket sales start at 4:30 P.M.
Competition Rules and Details
If you wish to participate, please complete a Talent Registration Form
- Title: "Carols for a Cause"
- Subtitle/Description: A children's musical talent show to benefit area youth.
- Event Date: Saturday
- Event Host/Sponsor: ACTC Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) Honor Society
- Eligible Participants: Anyone in grades 3 – 12, individuals or groups
- Eligible Talent: Vocal or instrumental seasonal/holiday music
- Talent Registration Cost: $15 per registration (individual or group) – NO REFUNDS unless event is cancelled. Waiting list registrations will be contacted and refunded.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, November 26th
- Event Start Time: 6:00 pm (Ticket sales start at 4:30 pm - $2/person at the door).
Advance ticket sales (max of 10) is available for each paid participant/registrant. Again, NO REFUNDS on advance ticket sales.
A Will Call desk will be available starting at 4:30 pm for advance ticket sales. A limited amount of advance ticket sales will be available to registered talent
- Concessions: Concession sales start at 4:30 (cash or check only – an ATM is available on site)
- Intermissions: There will be an intermission at half-way through event and at end (before announcement of winners). At intermission, the children who participated in the first portion will be available to join their families in the audience. The children who perform in the second half will need to report to the art room.
- Benefit Organization: Hopes and Dreams (will receive a portion of the event’s proceeds)
- Donations: A donation box will be available for additional cash donations, which will be given directly to Hopes and Dreams.
- Rules/Registration Contact: Michelle Gollihue (606-326-2045) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Limit: First 20 paid registrations will be registered. Waiting list will be developed for additional registrations – refunds will be issued for anyone in excess of 20 registrations. Registrations may be mailed or dropped off – evening hours available for registration drop-off by appointment. Contact Michelle Gollihue.
- Selection of winners: All audience participants will receive one voting ballot. Ballot will ask for top
3 acts (regardless of age, performance type, or individual or group) – only ballots
with 3 votes will be counted. Ballots will be collected and tabulated at the conclusion
of all acts.
Ties will be awarded equal prize amount, but only 3 total monetary awards will be given. For example, if there is a two-way tie for first place, each will be given $100, but the other place will receive $50. For three way, all will receive $100 and no second or third place awarded. Any other rare but possible variations (4-way tie, two 2-way ties, etc.) will be subject to event organizer’s discretion).
- Prizes: Per individual or group act – group members share the prize, not awarded per person.
Prize winnings will be in form of a check made payable to one person (either the individual act or a designee of a group.
- $100 first place overall
- $75 second place overall
- $50 third place overall
- Event Volunteers:
- ACTC staff, faculty, and students
- Hopes and Dreams staff
- Supervision: Full-time ACTC staff will be stationed in the room where children will be waiting to enter the stage (art room on first floor). Crayons, coloring pages, games, etc. will be provided to help entertain the younger children. They should leave any valuable possessions with parents or guardians. If a parent or guardian would like to sit with participant before going on stage – please do! We appreciate your help in this regard
- 4:00 - 8:00 pm - Open rehearsal time in theatre and set up for big event. All registrants will be encouraged to show up and run through act for sound check.
- 4:00 - 5:00 pm - Check-in and sound check for anyone who couldn’t make it on Friday
- 4:30 pm Ticket sales and concessions open
- 5:15 pm Doors open to theatre – ballots provided as audience files into theatre
- 6:00 pm Recognition of Hopes and Dreams. Show starts – first half
- 6:45 pm First intermission. Presentation of check to Hopes and Dreams for portion of ticket sales
- 7:00 pm Show starts – second half
- 7:45 pm Second intermission – collection and tabulation of ballots
- 8:00 pm* Announcement of winners