Foundation

The Foundation Serving Ashland Community & Technical College was established in November of 1994. The role of the Foundation is to support and promote Ashland Community & Technical College (ACTC) of the Kentucky Community & Technical College System (KCTCS).

Initially the Foundation served Ashland Community College. In the summer of 2003, Ashland Community College (ACC) and Ashland Technical College (ATC) were consolidated into Ashland Community & Technical College (ACTC). To reflect its new role and name, the Community College Foundation had its name and by-laws changed with the Kentucky Secretary of State to reflect the consolidated Ashland Community & Technical College (ACTC). The name of the Foundation is the Community & Technical College Foundation of Ashland, Inc. It is a KCTCS recognized Foundation.

The Community & Technical College Foundation of Ashland, Inc. is committed to advancing the mission and enhancing the image of Ashland Community & Technical College. Providing flexible funding with a strategic intent, the Foundation shall improve the quality of life in our community by strengthening the college's comprehensive educational delivery system.

Ashland Community & Technical College 80th Anniversary timeline. 1991 - Naming of Joseph and Sylvia Mansback Memorial Library; No. 7, 1994 - Community & Technical College Foundation of Ashland, Inc. established; 1995 - Partners in Progress Campaign, first major gifts campaign, completed; April 1996 - Acquired #1 The Oaks from Harold Kelly; Feb. 5, 1999 - Purchased 1410 Ramey Street property; Sept. 10, 1999 - In memory of Diane Gussler Lobach, M.D., Greatest Needs Endowment established; Jan. 2000 - Purchased 1502 Harlan Street property; 2001 - Nov. 2007 - Fulflling the Promise Campaign raised more than $5.3 million; Nov. 2003 - Purchased 1508 Harlan Street property; June 2006 - Acquired property from Ashland Inc.; Nov. 2006 - Fred Charles Student Emergency Fund established; Dec. 2006 - Acquired 1620 Winchester Avenue from Perry and Susan Madden; 2007 - Gussler Family Endowed Chairs in Natural Science endowed; Sept. 2007 - Naming of Dr. C. Gordon and Dixie Gussler Conference Center; March 2008 - Sold the Ashland Inc. property; June 2009 - Sold #1 The Oaks; April 2010 - Naming of the Rocky Adkins Pavilion; June 2011 - Acquired Hillcrest property from Guy and Lisa Spriggs; June 2011 - Construction began on Child Development Center; Oct. 29, 2012 - Guy & Lisa Spriggs Child Development Center dedication; Oct. 2013 - first Young Women LEAD Conference; Nov. 2013 - Sold 1620 Winchester Avenue property; Oct. 2014 - First ACTC Golf Scramble/ Raised $85,370.87 to date; 2014 - Present - BuidSmart cam[aign raised more than $650,000; Oct. 6, 2015 - Naming of Juhn W. Clark Training Center; Dec. 10, 2015 - Naming of John and Pat Stewart Board Room; Feb. 26, 2016 Naming of Wendall and Mary Banks Student Lounge; March 7, 2017 - First Young Men's Conference. Scholarships endowed: #3,309,727.15