This program prepares the student for entry into the field of police work and related occupations. Law Enforcement vocations have evolved from jobs with minimal requirements to jobs requiring complex knowledge and skills. This curriculum gives the student theory, principles, and techniques employed by police officers, sheriffs,criminal investigators,corrections officers, corporate security officersand other criminal justice workers.The study of law as it relates to government and communications along with specialized course work, comprise the curriculum. Graduates may seek job opportunities on the local, state and federal levels. Also, many industries and private firms employ technicians skilled in security and protection.
This program awards an AAS Degree in Criminal Justice, with options in Law Enforcement, Corrections, Security and Criminal Justice. A student can meet requirements in more than one option. The program also awards certificates in specialized skills.
Many Criminal Justice agencies do not require any degrees beyond the AAS degree. The student can pursue employment or start work on a four year degree. There are job opportunities at the local, state and federal levels. The Security/Protection field is the fastest growing occupation in the U.S.
The are no special admissions requirements for the program.
This program can be completed in two years or less.
- Associate in Applied Science - Correction Option
- Associate in Applied Science - Criminal Justice Option
- Associate in Applied Science - Law Enforcement Option
- Associate in Applied Science - Security & Loss Prevention Option
- Certificate - Computer Forensic Technology
- Certificate - Law Enforcement
- Certificate - Security & Loss Prevention
- Certificate - Corrections
- Certificate - Criminal Justice